Mould in Buildings

Mould is an organic and active fungal growth that can develop into a health hazard within buildings under wet conditions. Mould will thrive in damp, dark environments and typically within areas with poor ventilation. These conditions are often found within ceiling spaces, kitchens, bathrooms, basements or indoor areas where moisture build up or water inundation has occurred.

Mould can release allergic or even toxic irritant spores and can cause a number of adverse health effects to building occupants. Mould induced symptoms include:

  • respiratory illnessor asthma
  • itchy eyes
  • chronic cough
  • headaches
  • dermatitis (rashes)
  • sinus problems, and
  • frequent sneezing.

If you believe you are at risk to the presence of mould, or you suffer from the above symptoms, it is recommended that an occupational hygienist undertake a mould investigation.

During the investigation, ADE will locate the presence of mould, identify concentration and species and provide recommendations. In addition, ADE provides project management of remediation.

Share Button
Comments are closed.